Ojalá fuera como tú. Ojalá no tuviera sentimientos. Ojalá pudiera rendirme y dejar de aferrarme a lo que fue, pero ya no es. Ojalá no me importara. Ojalá pudiera dejar de llorar. Ojalá pudiera dejar de amarte. Ojalá perdiera la esperanza. Ojalá fuera tú: cínico y un bastardo malnacido. Ojalá…
1. Because a woman brought into this world will inevitably be given pepper spray “just in case.”
2. Because by sixteen, a young girl knows how to avoid being sexually assaulted, while a boy of the same age does not fear sexual assault in the slightest.
3. Because a girl who mocks men is a bitch, and a boy who mocks women is joking.
4. Because a girl who has sex is a slut, and a boy who has sex is a man.
5. Because in a murder, the killer is at fault, but the blame of rape is often put on the victim.
6. Because we teach girls how not to get raped instead of teaching anyone simply not to rape.
7. Because a woman should put more clothes on if her outfit makes a man uncomfortable, because his self control is her responsibility.
8. Because feminists just need to chill out.
9. Because a 22 year old sex-obsessed virgin can murder 7 people, and the problem is that someone should’ve just slept with him.
10. Because not all men are predators, but yes, all women are prey."
1: You are not lazy, you are ill.
2: You are not selfish for taking care of yourself.
3: You are not arrogant for loving yourself.
4: It’s okay to feel sad, but it’s not okay to let the sadness win.
5: Your worth isn’t defined by if a person does or does not love you.
6: Do not put all of your happiness into one person. Ultimately you have to be your own hero.
7: A healthy person does not wish to be sicker. There is no such thing as “not sick enough”.
8: It’s okay to be alone every once in a while.
9: A bad day doesn’t equal a bad life.
10: Sometimes not giving into your addictions will make you feel worse in that moment than if you had given in, but honestly, the worst days in recovery are better than the best days in relapse.
11: Strategies and techniques are your new best friend.
12: Eating doesn’t mean you’re weak.
13: Not eating doesn’t mean you’re strong.
14: The words ‘f*ck it’ do come in handy once in a while.
15: Your feelings are valid simply because you’re feeling them. You do not need to justify yourself.
16: Never feel guilty for being sad because “someone has it worse than you”.
17: People are not perfect. They will offend you, hurt you and let you down from time to time, but this can be from lack of understanding; it does not mean that they don’t love you.
18: You are not a burden.
19: You have to learn to love yourself before you can fully love someone else.
20: Do not let your illness define or limit you.
21: Don’t be afraid to walk away from toxic relationships/friendships.
22: Do the things you love. Every. Single. Day.
23: It’s okay to be different.
24: Good things can, do, and will happen to you.
25: Recovery is not about being strictly happy, it’s about learning to become whole.
26: You cannot change the past, but you can learn from it. So stop analyzing it and wondering about what you could’ve or should’ve done. Learn to let go.
27: Letting go isn’t a one time thing, you need to do it over and over again.
28: The bad things people say about you, actually are reflections of what they think of themselves, not you.
29: Everything seems bad when it’s 3am.
30: You’re not worthless, you’re priceless.
31: One day this pain will all make sense to you. There are things you need to learn.
32: Ultimately it’s only your opinion of yourself that matters. Do what makes YOU happy.
33: U hella rad."